Friday, September 12, 2008

Treasures of a Lifetime

Welcome!
I chose treasures of a lifetime as the name of this blog because that is what I hope to be able to share with you and others who may come across this page. Treasures from the crafts I've learned and treasures from my day to day life.

On the crafts, and to quote one of my best friends, "the one thing Esther has never lacked is a hobby". She said this as a joke many years back, however it still holds true today. From macrame to ceramics, ceramics to stained glass, and now to the paper crafts, I have a desire to learn it all and share what I've learned with others.

Long ago, I used to equate the terms artsy and creative with the ability to draw and paint. These are talents that run in my family, however they must be linked to one of those genes that skip a generation.

I've come a long way from those days, specially after I discovered stamping as a form of art. Did I say stamping and art within the same sentence? Yes I did. Because while someone can look at a stamp as art that someone else created, I look at stamps as a way for me to create art.

On the day to day living, I don't always know how to choose my battles, and give things that don't deserve it lots of thought and energy. The crafting always comes to my rescue. The more I live, the more I craft. I'm sure many of you can relate to this!

Till the next time you visit!

No comments: